We just started using TikTok. It took us a while to learn it and we are just starting to finally get the hang of it. For those looking to do TikTok marketing for their business, here are some steps and resources for getting started. We have not gotten an order from it, but we have started to connect with designers and restaurants on the platform and our posts continue to get views.
Welcome to TikTok! As you may be new to this fast-paced and fun social media platform, but don't worry - it's easy to get the hang of it with a little guidance. Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Create an account: To create a TikTok account, download the app from the App Store or Google Play Store and follow the prompts to set up your account. You'll need to provide some basic information, such as your name, email address, and phone number. You can also connect your account to your Facebook or Google account to make it easier to sign up.
- Protect your privacy: TikTok offers a range of privacy settings that allow you to control who can see your content and who can contact you. To protect your privacy, consider setting your account to private, which will only allow users you approve to follow you and see your content. You can also enable features such as "restricted mode" and "screen time management" to help you control your TikTok usage and limit exposure to inappropriate content.
- Watch out for fake accounts: TikTok has a problem with fake accounts, which are accounts that are not operated by real people. These accounts are often used to spam or promote inappropriate content, or to impersonate real users. To protect yourself from fake accounts, be cautious about accepting friend requests or following accounts that seem suspicious. You can also report fake accounts to TikTok by tapping on the "Report" button in the app.
- Explore the fun and educational side of TikTok: TikTok is full of entertaining and educational content, from funny memes and lip-sync videos to DIY projects and cooking tutorials. You can use the "For You" tab to discover new content, or search for specific topics or hashtags to find content that interests you. You can also follow accounts that align with your interests, such as art, history, or current events.
- Be cautious of scams and phishing: TikTok has been the target of scams and phishing attacks, which are attempts to trick users into divulging sensitive information or downloading malware. To protect yourself from these threats, be cautious about clicking on links or downloading apps from unknown sources, and be wary of any requests for personal information or login credentials. If you receive a suspicious message or notice any suspicious activity on your account, report it to TikTok immediately.