Flat Tech table bases are a step above the rest. They have solved the age old problem of how to keep a table base from wobbling in your restaurant. I am sure you have been to many restaurants that have sugar packets strategically placed under the table base to try and make it level. That isn't the best way. There is a solution that no only allows your tables to stop wobbling, it also allows you to line up multiple table so that the edges line up perfectly. If you want to put multiple table together and use a large table cloth, it will seem like one giant long seamless table. The way the Flat Tech base works in pretty cool. Each FLAT table base comes with hydraulic technology known as the PAD or Patented Actuator Device. Each point of contact with the ground has its own hydraulic cylinder fitted within the leg and all the cylinders are interconnected via fluid hoses. When one leg makes contact with the ground, the fluid in that cylinder is forced out through the hoses and into the other legs. This causes the other legs to extend outward towards the ground. Once the final leg makes contact, the weight of the table is transferred through the fluid; triggering the locking mechanisms in the cylinders/feet.
Flat Tech table bases have innovated and solved an age old problem with restaurants. Wobbly and misaligned tables have plagued the hospitality industry for years. Restaurants, pubs, bars, and hotels around the world give their customers a poor impression as soon as they sit to have a drink or something to eat. 86% of people believe that sitting at a wobbly table is irritating and distracting (source: YouGov survey), but it’s not only the customers that suffer.
The bartender, server or hotelier is likely to receive complaints frequently about spilled drinks and the restaurant might get bad review on Yelp or Google.
Among people surveyed in a YouGov survey:
- 75% of people think that tables propped up by coasters, napkins, sugar packets, etc. look unsightly.
- 56% of people would reconsider returning to an establishment where a wobbly table spoiled their experience.
- 68% of people believe that experiencing a wobbly table would give them a negative impression of an establishment.
- 86% of people believe that sitting at a wobbly table is irritating and distracting.
The facts show that wobbly and misaligned tables present a significant challenge to the food service and hospitality industry.
FLAT® self-stabilizing table bases and FLAT Equalizers (for existing tables) eliminate the wobble created by uneven floors and allow you to seamlessly align multiple table tops.
How can FLAT products help your business?
- Eliminate complaints about wobbly and misaligned tables
- Save time (re)setting tables
- Save money on compensatory drinks and meals
- Improve your customers’ experience
- Remove unsightly napkins and other props from under tables
- Reduce spillages and improve safety
- Protect your brand and image
- Make use of unused spaces like the sidewalk, patio or decking and generate more sales
- Increase flexibility, move tables without the hassle and worry, cater to individuals or groups and open up new areas
- Keep your existing custom coming back!
Can you afford wobbly tables?
You can see how much your existing, wobbly tables could be costing you each year by completing our online calculator – the results can be quite an eye-opener!