18 Tips and Suggestions for Exhibiting at the PPAI show in Las Vegas
We have exhibited at the PPAI show for about 15 years. PPAI is the largest non profit promotional products organization in the United States. We have become experts at exhibiting at this particular show. Here are our suggestions for exhibiting at the PPAI show in Las Vegas with as little stress as possible. Some of these suggestions are not the cheapest suggestions but it does make the trip way better. Las Vegas can become tiring and stressful after a few hours of standing and shaking hands.
- Tip 1: Make sure to fill out the badge information ahead of time so you don't have to do it onsite. Also, get your badge the day before the show.
- Tip 2: Stay at the Mandalay Bay Hotel. Mandalay is the closest reasonably priced hotel. If you plan on walking back and forth to your room a couple of times a day. This is a must. I believe Mandalay is closer than The Hotel and The Four Seasons.
- Tip 3: Expect your hotel room not to be ready on time when you check in. Also, expect a very long line to check in. It was better last year, but we've waited a couple of hours.
- Tip 4: Go setup your booth while you wait for your room to be ready.
- Tip 5: Get a room on a high floor. It will be easier to get an elevator going down.
- Tip 6: Use heavy duty crates on wheels to ship your booth. Your stuff will get moved around a lot.
- Tip 7: Don't forget to get your free badge reader. You still need to sign up.
- Tip 8: Have your return freight figured out before you get to the trade show
- Tip 9: Electricity ain't free. Do you need it? You probably do because most trade show booths have lighting.
- Tip 10: Sign up to exhibit at the PPAI Show before the first deadline to get the best discount.
- Tip 11: Ship your booth show site using a reputable carrier, preferably YRC if you have a good discount with them. YRC is the official carrier of Mandalay Bay Convention Center. Most brokers will book your freight with YRC. Show site has the least expensive drayage fees.
- Tip 12: Don't forget to get your free listing in the exhibitor directory.
- Tip 13: Room service is so much easier than trying to find a decent restaurant every day.
- Tip 14: Don't take clients out. Just get rest. Most probably won't agree with this one.
- Tip 15: Have a separate device for your badge reader. Don't use your phone.
- Tip 16: Stay in the 2 bedroom suites at Mandalay. They have a nice work area and multiple TVs. You can stay up while your room mate sleeps.
- Tip 17: The fastest way to get lunch is to walk back to Mandalay and go to the buffet. You may not be hungry enough for a buffet but the price is right and there is no waiting.
- Tip 18: Book your flight out the day after the trade show is over. You need time to pack up your booth and wait for your return boxes.